Treasures, Treasuries, and Thoughts

I swore I would never do a blog! So much for swearing. I didn't think that I would have much to say or share. I was wrong! I have been so blessed with a wonderful family, loyal friends, sharing colleagues, and the support from so many that I will never run out of topics to write about.

I have opened an on-line store at a place called Etsy (rhymes with Betsy). The items on the left are available for purchase there. These will change from week to week to show you my latest creations. The link to the store is in the upper left corner of this page.

I also have items for sale listed on Art Fire. The link to my Art Fire Studio is http://www.jstinson.artfire.com/

I hope you will visit this blog, my Flickr page (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jstinson/2500402289/) and my Etsy and/or Art Fire stores often. (http://www.jstinson.etsy.com/ http://www.jstinson.artfire.com


So come along on my Trail of Treasures! It will be a Spirit Journey for me and I invite you to join me on the trip.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Works of Donel Keeler, Dakota Artist and Friend




Today I am posting two pieces that I have added to my Native American art collection. These were done by Donel Keller. I first met Donel and his wife at a Buffalo Dinner in Lincoln, NE. We both arrived early to set up our booth. So we had a little time to get acquainted before the event began.

I purchased the Native Wedding print that evening and purchased the Buffalo Run at the Creighton Pow Wow in April.

I love his use of color! If you pay close attention to the Buffalo Run, you will see that it was done in the Indian way. Use whatever you have on hand. This painting is done on numbered ledger paper! Don't forget to notice the red tailed hawk in the upper corner. Also notice that he signed the print just for me. See the lower right.

Donel's wife, Wanda, is also a new found Pow Wow friend! She used to bead and teach beading in Omaha but no longer does either. Donel's picture can be found in my Creighton Pow Wow blog.

Donel has won many awards for his art and I am pleased to have these two pieces and plan for more in the future!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Joni, your friend Donel Keeler does absolutely gorgeous work. The vibrant colors and subject matter are phenomenal! You are blessed to know him not only as an artist of the People but as a friend.

jstinson said...

Grace, thanks your kind words about my dear friend. Not only is a very talented artist, he is a very special person as is Wanda. I am lucky to know them.