Treasures, Treasuries, and Thoughts

I swore I would never do a blog! So much for swearing. I didn't think that I would have much to say or share. I was wrong! I have been so blessed with a wonderful family, loyal friends, sharing colleagues, and the support from so many that I will never run out of topics to write about.

I have opened an on-line store at a place called Etsy (rhymes with Betsy). The items on the left are available for purchase there. These will change from week to week to show you my latest creations. The link to the store is in the upper left corner of this page.

I also have items for sale listed on Art Fire. The link to my Art Fire Studio is http://www.jstinson.artfire.com/

I hope you will visit this blog, my Flickr page (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jstinson/2500402289/) and my Etsy and/or Art Fire stores often. (http://www.jstinson.etsy.com/ http://www.jstinson.artfire.com


So come along on my Trail of Treasures! It will be a Spirit Journey for me and I invite you to join me on the trip.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Here's To New Friends


I am blessed with a new friend who is making new friends! As some of you may know, Kokopelli is one of my favorite Native American characters. I don't think it has much to do with the various legends and I'm certainly way past the need or desire for fertility symbols, it is the simple design of this little whimsical muscian that has always intrigued me.

I was surfing around on Etsy and found this shirt. I thought it would ideal to wear while vending at Pow Wows. The only problem is that most of Pow Wows are in the summer months and I would die in long sleeved black clothing! I contacted Toni. She and her husband, Mark, are new to Etsy. Their store is named RCTees.

I have learned that Mark does the art work and screen printing while Toni attends to the business side of life. They live in Decatur, Alabama and collaborate on ideas.

After a few convo's, they have agreed to make this shirt for me in "Earth Moss" and with short sleeves. As often happens in the Etsy community, we have become fast friends.

This morning, Toni made a treasury as a tribute to her new friends on Etsy and included the print "Native American Painted Ponies" by Donel Keeler, a member of my collective. You can see it here. It is the first item in the third row.

The title is Here's To New Friends. Toni added....and you can't have too many of them! I agree and wish Toni and Mark great success on Etsy. I can't wait to get my RCTee! There may be just the one you need in their shop. Check it out at http://www.rctee.etsy.com/




No comments: