Treasures, Treasuries, and Thoughts

I swore I would never do a blog! So much for swearing. I didn't think that I would have much to say or share. I was wrong! I have been so blessed with a wonderful family, loyal friends, sharing colleagues, and the support from so many that I will never run out of topics to write about.

I have opened an on-line store at a place called Etsy (rhymes with Betsy). The items on the left are available for purchase there. These will change from week to week to show you my latest creations. The link to the store is in the upper left corner of this page.

I also have items for sale listed on Art Fire. The link to my Art Fire Studio is http://www.jstinson.artfire.com/

I hope you will visit this blog, my Flickr page (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jstinson/2500402289/) and my Etsy and/or Art Fire stores often. (http://www.jstinson.etsy.com/ http://www.jstinson.artfire.com


So come along on my Trail of Treasures! It will be a Spirit Journey for me and I invite you to join me on the trip.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Featured in 6 More Recent Etsy Treasuries






















Etsy Treasuries are made by individuals who buy or sell on Etsy. To make a Treasury, one has to be lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time or tenaciously anticipate and schedule the time one will be available. There are a limited number of Treasuries. A person who gets a Treasury is called a curator. A curator must act quickly and can feature only 12 items (and 4 alternates) from the thousands available on Etsy.
It is such a thrill to find that someone likes your work enough to include it as one of their 12 items! During the past couple of weeks, I have blessed to have been chosen by five curators to be in six of their treasuries (Enchantedbeads got 2)!
The first photo is the Treasury of Scarfitup. She choose to feature my 3-D Dream Catcher. It is the first item on the first row. The owner of Scarfitup is a fiber and textile artist. Her work is sold in galleries in North Carolina and on Etsy. She does wonderful wearable art, purses, and home decor items. Her works are beautiful combinations of color, design, and texture. You must visit her shop! You can do so at this site: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=15788
The second Treasury features my brightly colored beaded amulet bag. It is in the middle position of the first row. This Treasury was curated by Talentedlady. Talentedlady is from Santa Rosa, CA. She does magnificent fused glass jewelry and painted porcelain pieces. Her work is beautiful! If you want gorgeous color, one of a kind pieces, done by a skilled glass artist, then you will want to visit her shop at this cite: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=74612
The third Treasury was done by my dear friend Kathy. Kathy and I have been Etsy friends for several months. We share a love of beadweaving and southwest design. Kathy chose one of my Ghi-Goo-ie lapel pins for her Treasury. It is the last item on the bottom row of the Treasury. Kathy bead weaves beauty! If you need a lanyard for your identification card, a one of kind bracelet, a pair of beaded earrings or a gorgeous necklace to add to your fashion wardrobe, check out Kathy's store at this location: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5328183
The fourth and fifth Treasuries were curated by Ileana of Enchantedbeads. Ileana is member of the Etsy Beadweavers and has been supportive of my work since I joined that group. Ileana featured my Owl Earrings (top row center) in the fourth treasury photo and my Turquoise on Ice bracelet (First item, first row) in the fifth Treasury photo. Ileana is from New York. She not only does wonderful beadwoven jewelry of all types but also does beaded perfume bottles and boxes. She is one of the few people who have clip on earrings available. Her work is exquisite! Please check it out at: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5065568
The last photo is the Treasury of Rachelmira. She selected my beaded barrette for her treasury (last item on third row). She is a member of CCCOE and lives in Los Angeles, CA. This is a team of California artists. Rachelmira's shop features her wonderful metal work. She creates original molds for her cast metal pieces. Her designs are sure to please those who love metal jewelry. Most of work is in sterling silver; however she does do copper and gold work as well. To see her original, fresh designs please visit her store at: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5567497






4 comments:

Kathy said...

Joni,
You are too kind. BUT You forgot to mention that I'm in Scarfitup's treasury, too. 3rd row, 3rd pic. lol. I am so glad you found me on etsy. I treasure your friendship and you will always be featured in any treasury I am lucky enough to make.
Hugs,
Kathy

Scarf It Up said...

Hey, Joni! My pleasure to include your work in my Treasuries! Thanks so much for the plug!

Enchanted Beads said...

Mvto and Wa-do, Joni!
Multzumesc - in Romanian)
You have beautiful work and it was a pleasure for me to be able to feature it in my Treasuries.

Thank you,
ileana

Unique Garden said...

What an awesome event, thank you for sharing it! And I LOVE your indulgence! As well as your bead- work. What fun!